Sign Company Warehouse Gone After Massive Fire In Amarillo
Billows of smoke covered the east side of Amarillo after a building burst into flames on Tuesday
Courtesy sign company located at 3007 S. Pierce St. went up into flames on Tuesday. A call was received around 7pm from Wendy Dunagan who called after she seen smoke coming from the vents around the building. She and her husband ran the building and live across the street.
The fire was contained about an hour and a half later around 8:30pm but the building was a total loss according to fire officials. Two explosions were heard while firefighters were trying to get the blaze under control.
Courtesy Sign Company is just one building out of numerous that make signs for safety, emergency and industrial buildings. It also makes public road signs for Potter and Randall counties. The building holds a large natural gas oven used to make the signs, fire officials are leaning towards that as the possible explanation for the explosion inside of the building.
Some of the information in this story was used from Amarillo.com
For the full story courtesy of Amarillo.com click here!
Subscribe to Blake FM on