The Perfect Recipe For A Wonderful Summer Dessert – Grilled Pinapple
Cooking isn’t my thing but for some reason grilling is a totally different story! Everything tastes better grilled , even pineapple ! Try this super simple summer recipe and don’t forget the scoop of vanilla ice-cream on top !
- 1 fresh pineapple – peeled, cored and cut into rings
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of dark rum
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
How to make it
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high
- PREPARING THE PINEAPPLE: First, grab the pineapple firmly in one hand and its leaves in the other. Twist them in opposite directions to separate the leaves from the fruit. Then, cut off the rind, first from the top and bottom of the fruit, then from the sides. Cut it off in lengthwise strips, slicing deep enough to remove the eyes. Next, cut the pineapple crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Finally, use a melon baller or fruit corer to remove the fibrous core from the center of each slice.
- Combine rum and butter in shallow bowl
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in another wide, shallow bowl and stir with a fork to mix.
- When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Dip each pineapple slice first in rum butter mix, then in the sugar mixture, shaking off the excess between each dripping.
- Arrange the slices on the hot grate and grill until nicely browned on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to plates or a platter for serving . Or serve in bowls over ice cream, if desired.
- The pineapple can be served either hot or cold.
Super simple , super yummy ! Enjoy